
Every year Sloan and I celebrate Valentine's Day with some of our closest friends. Not sure how it all started, but the first year was in 2003 (when Delaney was about 6 weeks old) and we've just continued the tradition every year. We always take turns planning what we're doing....this year was the girls turn to plan it. So we chose to take a dance lesson at Arthur Murray's Dance Studio. This is something I would have never thought to do, so kudos to Jessamy for thinking of it! We had a blast and of course, the guys cracked jokes pretty much the whole time. I would definitely suggest getting a good group of friends together and then taking a lesson...way less pressure with a group of friends and was also less intimidating than a private lesson. The only awkward part was not dancing with your hubby the whole time...which is why I said get a GOOD group of friends together...there were 5 couples total and I literally danced with Sloan about a 1/5 of the time. After our lesson we enjoyed a yummy dinner at Cantina Laredo and were just able to sit and visit, which we never get to do since there are 13 (almost 14) kids between us....all 7 and under. So whenever we get together it's usually a madhouse, but not Saturday night. Hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day...we sure did.

No comments:
Post a Comment